Saturday, March 11, 2017

Surviving Year Two: Week 31

Into the Spiral

This is Week 31 of my Surviving Year Two Grief Project. Details about all my Grief Projects, as well as Grief Resources can be found here.

On "A Day Without A Woman," a co-worker gave all the women in the office a rose.  She let us pick out the one we wanted from the beautiful array of colors and sizes that she had in her big bouquet. I was immediately drawn to the discolored, tightly closed rose. Its outside petals looked dark and almost moldy. It looked the way I feel. As the days passed, everyone's roses started to open, while mine remained closed up tight. I began to fear that I had picked a rose that was actually dead inside. When I expressed my fear to another co-worker, she immediately gave my rose a nice, gentle massage and it has since opened up a little, to reveal a beautiful light pink spiral inside.

This may be as far as it will open, but it is till breathtakingly beautiful to me. My healing process feels like this rose — it is taking its time, and there is great beauty in the process.

Thanks for witnessing me. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment