Saturday, August 27, 2016

Grief Projects

Grief Projects

When my husband suddenly passed away in his sleep, I was thrown into a living a nightmare I thought I would never wake up from. Sometimes it still feels like that, but art, writing and other forms of creating saves my life every day, as I process my grief.

6 months after he passed away, I created the 6 Months of Grief Project, in which I made an image and wrote a post every single day for six months. That project ended on the one year anniversary of his death. When I finished that project, I fell into a deep depression and realized that I needed to keep creating around my grief, so I started Surviving Year Two, in which I check in and share my art and writing once a week.

We shall see what the future holds. Thanks for being a witness.

________________________

Grief Resources


These are an eclectic selection of grief resources I have collected for myself as I move through my grief. I hope they can be helpful to you too. When I find a new resource, I will return here to add it to the list. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment