Sunday, June 23, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #28

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course. Sometimes it takes me longer - like a month - but I'm dedicated to finishing this project!

A Message to My Future Self
 TODAY, 3 MONTHS AND 23 DAYS AFTER THE END OF THIS PROJECT, I HAVE FINALLY TAKEN 28 SELF-PORTRAITS. Well actually, I've taken quite a bit more, but as far as this particular project is concerned, I am finally done!

In this last assignment, Vivienne asks us to take a picture to send to our future self. As you can imagine, I ground my gears over this one for weeks. What do I want to tell my future self? This is so BIG. This is so IMPORTANT.

Finally, I realized that more than anything else, my big brain OVERTHINKING all of my creative projects actually stops them from ever getting done, just as it stopped me from taking this very picture. So my message to my future self (and my present self) is to remember to just create. Just make. Don't worry so much. You will make mistakes and often those mistakes will turn into something beautiful. If you stay frozen, you will never make anything at all, so you might as well just go for it. What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment