Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dining with Hillary

This morning I awoke from a dream with Hillary Clinton.  In it, I am attending a work meeting/fundraising dinner.  Hillary arrives at the very end and wows us all.  She is very personable and incredibly friendly.  In the back of my mind, I wonder "why is Hillary Clinton here?"


At the end, when we are cleaning up, Hillary jumps right in and starts taking out the trash, putting the folding chairs away, etc.  I am very impressed that she is doing this "dirty work."

At the end of the dream, she takes me aside and tells me very earnestly, "I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that harassment stuff at your work."  (I recently left a job due to a hostile work environment). She was so genuine and honest. I was so deeply touched by this, both in the dream and remembering the feeling now.  She held my shoulders and looked into my eyes when she spoke to me and it was so authentic and felt so real.

And then I woke up, feeling like I had just spent the evening with Hillary Clinton.

I feel like this dream was coming to help me through a really difficult time. It's so hard to be a woman in our culture and Hillary knows that more than anyone! I felt a sisterhood and a support and kinship with her and I am so thankful for this dream.

Also nice work on your Dream Campaigning, Hillary! I'm voting for ya!



1 comment: