Sunday, February 17, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #13

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course.

Flirting with the Camera

I'm finally feeling human again, after getting this horrible flu. I'm now four days behind in this project, which bums me out, but life isn't perfect and neither am I. Today, Vivienne asked us to flirt with the camera. Once I felt healthy enough to even remember how to flirt(!) I knew that I wanted to use the beautiful roses that my husband got me for Valentine's Day. Flowers always make me feel beautiful and sexy. In the old days, I would wear a flower in my hair at least twice a week! I've got to get back into that. It felt so good to reconnect with my playful side, even as I was coughing every other minute.

I'm glad hospitals have such cool gowns!


I did take self-portraits while I was ill, but none seem to really fit into this project. When I was in the hospital, getting my chest x-rayed, I was excited to see that my gown had power diamond pyramids on it! I thought that was a good sign and I did get good results from my x-ray - no pneumonia! I do have bronchitis, so I continue to take life one day at a time and work on getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment