Wednesday, May 4, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 89

Tough Grieving Mermaid
This is Day 89 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Today I am a tough mermaid. My grief slithers around my body like seaweed. The sharks fear me. 

I am the Queen of Sorrow. I am the High Priestess of the Ocean of Tears. I am the starfish that lost all her limbs and is slowly growing them back.

The kelp hides me from the predators that find me on online dating sites and want to send me pictures of their penises. The sand grinds into my vagina to make the sweetest pearls. The salt of my tears drips off my breasts and feeds all the tiny fishes that swim through my mind. 

I have lost my merman. I have lost my Neptune. I must carry my own trident now. Poseidon is gone and now my own temper causes the tidal waves that destroy your village. I stand on the conch shell and scream your name, but you can't hear me because you are gone. I slice at my wrists with the clam shells that once lined our happy home. I let the blood drip down my limbs and the sea horses come to feed.

Today I am a tough mermaid, swirling in my grief.

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:


And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment