Saturday, June 25, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 141

A Girl Has No Face

This is Day 141 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I turned my online dating profile off. I realized it was starting to affect me in a dark, hurtful way. All these images of myself being judged and ogled by strange men all over the world, started to freak me out. There is already enough judgment about my appearance in daily life. 

One of the best gifts of support that was given to me when I was newly widowed were other people's premium cable channel passcodes. Because of this, I've been able to watch Game of Thrones and while I'm totally into all the storylines, I'm particularly fascinated by the story of Arya Stark and her journey with the Many-Faced God. Everyone is processing grief on that show, but I resonate most with the way she is going through her grief. She is alone and wants to annihilate everything she is — to slip into being a Faceless Man. After creating so many images of my face, both for this project and to share on my stupid, online dating profile, I really resonate with wanting to obliterate my face. A girl has no face.

__________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment