Monday, July 4, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 150(!)

Day After Evidence
This is Day 150(!) of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I'm amazed that I have made 150 Grief Images for this project. That number is making quite an impact on me today.

Today is Independence Day and I have always celebrated the ways I am finding freedom and independence on this American holiday.

This year, "independence" has a whole new meaning. I am no longer a wife and partner. I am an independent lady on her own once again.

There is a deep kind of freedom in being unattached to another human being. It is also a very lonely place. 

Yesterday, I got to spend the day floating around a beautiful pool and laughing with friends. It was a healing balm for my soul. 

One of the songs from our wedding soundtrack came on over the speakers, and I quietly cried behind my sunglasses. My friend leaned over and asked if I was okay and all I could say was that I was sad and happy at the same time.

Happy Independence.

__________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment