Sunday, July 24, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 170

Surprise Roses on My Birthday

This is Day 170 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

When I returned home from seeing Ghostbusters (Go see it! Support women being funny!), I found some gorgeous, surprise roses on my porch. I have been feeling so much love and gratitude for the outpouring of messages and calls on my birthday. I don't think I've gotten this many phone calls since before the Internet was invented.

I am taking deep breaths and receiving each and every message as fully and completely as I can. I want to really understand and remember the amount of love I have in my life, even though my true love is gone. Love exists in so many forms, and even though my heart is broken, there is still room to receive love from so many other amazing people. I am living in the red, pulsing brilliance of these roses and receiving the myriad ways that love still exists in my life.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment