Saturday, April 1, 2017

Surviving Year Two: Week 34

Maps of Scars

This is Week 34 of my Surviving Year Two Grief Project. Details about all my Grief Projects, as well as Grief Resources can be found here.

As I continue to get older, I think about all the life experiences that have "marked" me, both inside and out. Some of them were quite traumatic and left deep scars, and yet as I plan for my Healing Ritual on my 12-year Wedding Anniversary in May, I am realizing that those life experiences also made me who I am. My husband's sudden death is no exception. Living through that and surviving as a widow has marked me, changed me, and made me into a person I was not before. This transformation has both good and bad aspects and that is very interesting for me to think about this week.

Who am I now? Who is this Spinster Widow I have become? Who is this Solo Crafting Witch, who spends her nights cuddling furry beasts and dreaming of the past? What does her future hold?

Thank you for witnessing me. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment