Saturday, May 20, 2017

Surviving Year Two: Week 41

The Flowering

This is Week 41 of my Surviving Year Two Grief Project. Details about all my Grief Projects, as well as Grief Resources can be found here.

It's been a week since my amazing Healing Grief - Flowering Ritual. I have since returned to my "regular life." As Jack Kornfield says, "after the ecstasy, the laundry." The work now is to integrate the transformation and healing from my ritual into my day-to-day being. I suppose that just happens  — I don't have to necessarily "do" anything, but I do want to stay aware and connected to the powerful feelings I felt during my ritual.

It's very jarring to return to my work life, which takes so much of my brain power and physical energy. I am grateful that one of my co-workers was also at my ritual. After a department meeting, I returned to my cubicle to find rose petals strewn around my office! It was a wonderful, sweet reminder that the ritual is still working and I'm so grateful for this sweet moment, orchestrated by my ritual cohort and cubicle colleague, Kim!

Sacred Bedroom Blessing

This weekend I plan to lay low, make some art, sleep and let my body and soul rest a bit. I have been gestating and planning this ritual since March, and it is really dazzling to see my thoughts, drawings and ideas come alive and be something even better than I could have ever imagined. It's so empowering to plan something like this and let it bloom. I really do feel like I am flowering.

I'm so grateful, not just to the seven amazing humans who showed up to circle me in ritual and love, but for the many other helpers, who crafted with me, mixed up essential oils, talked to me late into the night as I whispered my fears and hopes, and thought good thoughts for me on the day of. I'm so grateful.

There are only eleven more weeks in this project — eleven more posts and the 2 Year Anniversary of my husband's death will arrive. "What comes next?" seems to always be a question at the back of my mind. Even the day after my amazing ritual, there was a little taskmaster voice that said, "Okay. That's done. What are you going to work on now?" I want to give myself a break. I want to breathe into the accomplishments I have already achieved. I want to rest.

Thanks for witnessing me. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment