Tuesday, February 23, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 18

Sharing Grief

This is Day 18 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I have a very close friend who has been diagnosed with not one, but two kinds of cancer. This would be devastating on the best of days, let alone already being in deep grief over the sudden death of my husband. I think some part of me believed that since I had witnessed my own beloved life partner die right before my eyes, I would never, ever have to watch another person die again. I filled my grief quota. No more loss and suffering after this. But of course, more people in my life are going to suffer and die, and I have to live through that. How will I do that? I don't know. I'm taking it one day at a time. I am making boundaries, even though it breaks my heart to tell this friend that I can't see him on certain days, because I can't get out of bed, due to my own grief. On the good days, I will be there for him and I will always keep loving him. But how much grief can one person stand? How much loss can one person take?

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebookfeeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment