Sunday, November 23, 2008

Smallest Knitter in the World

tiny knitting by Althea Crome
In February 2009, the first hand-made, stop-motion, 3D film will hit our movie theaters. It is Coraline, based on Neil Gaiman's novella of the same name. None other than the amazing Tim Burton is making it, so you know it will be creepy and beautiful.


I read the novella Coraline and it actually creeped me out and made me really angry at the same time. Those black, button eyes...ugh. But regardless of how I felt about the story, I am most definitely going to see this amazing movie.

I want to direct you to the site to watch an incredible little clip showcasing some of the world's tiniest knitting (that's what I'm claiming in my complete ignorance, anyway). Some of her needles are as small as a strand of human hair!!! Can you imagine?

Of course the styling and advertising for this film is super crafty and mysterious so you have to do something special in order to see the clip. Never fear my dear readers, for I am in the know (thanks Drawn!) and I can tell you what to do:

Go here.

Click your cursor into the first box and type in the word "sweaterxxs".

Enjoy the tiniest and craftiest knitting you have ever seen.

Then, if you want to see more, here are some other "magic" words:

buttoneyes

stopmotion

moustachio

puppetlove

armpithair


Thank God for the crafty geniuses of the world. They keep me alive, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment