Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #6

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course.

Looking Myself in the Eyes

Today Vivienne asked us to take a portrait where we look ourselves in the eyes with love. Sounds simple, right? I was amazed at how long it took me to take a photo were I could see/feel the love in my eyes. So many pictures I took looked worried, concerned and tense. I had to take lots of breaks and come back to the camera again and again. Finally, after a long hard workout and a shower, I felt the peacefulness of the moment. I felt present in my body and grateful for my life. One picture and I was done.

For me, this is a process of continuing to let go of year and years of fear. Those of you who grew up not feeling safe and/or survivors of trauma, know what I'm talking about. Only now, at 40-years-old, do I feel like the tight grip of fear in my soul is slowly loosening. I am relaxing into this body and opening up to loving myself unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment