Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #23

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course. Sometimes it takes me longer - like a month - but I'm dedicated to finishing this project!

Purple Blur

Hey! Two days in a row! I'm on a roll! Today's assignment is to explore focus and blur. Since I am only taking photos with an I-Phone, I was thoroughly stumped as to how to keep one part of the photo focused while keeping the rest blurred. I ended up having to do it afterwards. And I have SO MANY photo apps, that I honestly cannot remember which ones I used here (yes, I often double-up on the photo manipulation)!

I'm actually starting to think it would be really lovely to get a REAL camera, since so many of my photos are too small to print and will forever live only online, but that would mean I would have to admit that I might actually be a Photographer and I'm not ready to own that quite yet. I'm working on it! And in many ways, this photo really captures my unsureness about it all. What's coming down the path towards me? Am I ready for it? My intention is to be as ready as possible for whatever comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment