Monday, May 13, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #24

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course. Sometimes it takes me longer - like a month - but I'm dedicated to finishing this project!

Photo walks as self-care
In today's assignment, Vivienne asked us to take a photo walk as self-care. This is something I do quite regularly, so I decided to blend and play with images I already have from my photo walks. I happen to live in one of the best cities for good gardens, so I regularly pick a new neighborhood to walk around and take pictures of beautiful plants and gardens. This inspires me and energizes me on so many levels. In this photo I am sniffing a rose (which I than ran through the ToonPaint app to get that great illustrative look). I then overlaid this image (using another favorite app, Blender) onto a picture of a fruit tree I took on a different walk. I love how it came out!

Making time for walks can be tricky sometimes, but they are so good for my creative soul, as well as my physical body.

No comments:

Post a Comment