Sunday, March 13, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 37

Stewed

This is Day 37 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

My husband was a Giant Bear Powerlifter, who needed lots and lots of food to fuel his big, strong body. Living with him for 12 years, meant that I learned how to cook giant quantities of food. There were also rarely leftovers in our house and our monthly grocery bill was astronomical, since we both had pretty severe food allergies that required us to shop at the more expensive grocery stores.

Since he's been gone, I seem to be having a very difficult time cooking for one person. I have volumes of leftovers, which means I end up eating stews for three or four days straight. Since I am allergic to most plastics, my refrigerator has become a wonderland of glass mason jars filled with all sorts of leftover food. 

It's so lonely to cook for one. Those mason jars make me kind of sad, but they are also really beautiful, which is why I photographed one on my little kitchen altar, above the sink. I'm also starting a full-time job soon, and I'm sure I'll be grateful for all those leftovers, since they can be taken as lunches.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm about to leave on a trip to Big Sur, and the Internet there is spotty at best, so you may not see any posts from me for about a week. If this happens, please know that I'm okay and will be back soon. The stickler for perfection in me is very disturbed that I won't be able to make a daily post and I may still find a way to do it, but if I do not, at least you know why. I will of course, still be making an image a day, as part of this practice.

_____________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:


And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and (hopefully) see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment