Monday, March 14, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 38

Forever Quilted

This is Day 38 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Every night I sleep under a beautiful handmade quilt my friend Becky Haycox made for us as a wedding present. I love it so much and while some have asked me if it makes me sad to still sleep under it, the exact opposite is true. It is comforting. It is reminding me that I am wrapped in love. The stitches have stayed strong and so have I.

PLEASE NOTE: I am traveling in Big Sur, and the Internet there is spotty at best, so my posts for the next week may be sporadic. Please know that I'm okay and will be back soon. My inner stickler for perfection is very disturbed that I might not be able to make a daily post, but I will of course, still be making an image a day, as part of this practice, even if you don't see it immediately.

_____________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:


And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and (hopefully) see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment