Tuesday, March 15, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 39

Power Love Sex Magic

This is Day 39 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

There are many seemingly taboo discussions in the land of Widows and one of them seems to be sex. When does a widow venture out into the world of dating again? When is it okay to have sex again? Sex and passion and creativity are all intimately(!) linked for me. I was lucky enough to have an sweet, sexy connection with a close friend a few months after the passing of my husband, but I definitely had my worries and fears about intimacy happening "too soon." I certainly could not have had a new relationship with anyone, but with an old friend - it felt easy and comfortable.

As I move forward into my new life, I have wondered about dating. What the heck is that going to be like? How does one date in 2016? Are there any single people over the age of 40? Who would want to date a widow? I really wish there was a place to frankly talk about these questions without any kind of shame or judgment. Is there such a place?

PLEASE NOTE: I am currently in Big Sur, where internet access is spotty at best, so postings may be sporadic for a bit. Please know that I'm okay and creating an image every day, even if I can't always share it with you.

_____________________


I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:


And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and (hopefully) see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment