Friday, May 20, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 105

This is Day 105 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

On the other side of my cubicle wall, a plant is growing. I did not notice it at first, but one day I looked up and there was this little green living thing, peeking over at me. 

Over the days and weeks, I have been watching it grow, and it is now a full presence, growing tall despite not having natural light. It is framed by the florescent light behind it and it makes me happy to see it.

I have plants actually in my cubicle, but there is something about this little ivy friend that I really love — I love watching it grow and reach over to me as I sit tapping and scrolling away. It is stretching through the square angles of office life and reminding me of the green wildness.

I've talked before about widows and widowers needing an island to retreat to for a year, where they can scream and cry and do drugs and have sex and really mourn. They need wildness. I need wildness.

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment