Saturday, May 21, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 106

Books, Books, Books

This is Day 106 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I like working for a book publishing company. I'm surrounded by people who read and are passionate about the written word. Also, we focus on "books that change lives," which is probably my most favorite sort of book. And because everyone here focuses on publishing books that transform, inevitably everyone I work with has a deeper understanding of their own life transformations, as well as a deeper consciousness about the world.

This deeper understanding has held a container for me in my deep grief. There are times when my heart is so broken that I am sobbing at my desk and instead of being met with fear, confusion, or uncomfortable feelings, I have only been witnessed, held and given space to grieve. I have never felt this kind of clean, unconditional support in a workplace before and I am so thankful. Of course, thanks to my inner Eastern European work horse, whom I have named Gerta, I also can still get all my work done, even while exhausted and deeply in grief.

I'm thankful that I get to go to this place every work day. I am thankful for my friend Kim making this happen, and my husband for leading me to her.

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment