Sunday, May 29, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 114

Mermaid Lifestyles

This is Day 114 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

My husband was an adventurer. His business took him to all sorts of odd places. We both have a deep love of hot water and living like mermaids, so he was always on the lookout for new places to visit and experience. This amazing place is in Redding, California — normally a town we used to just get through to get somewhere else. Who knew this amazing paradise existed inside such a rough city?

This photo was taken 2 years ago today. At this point in our lives, my husband was starting to really become an obsessive workaholic. Unbeknownst to me, my husband's secret debt was starting to mount at this point, which was why his workaholism escalated as well.

I went along on this business trip because he said he had found this beautiful, remote place where I could hang out while he went off and did his deals. I made him promise to have one full day of no work, where he would just sit by the pool and relax. He was so resistant but finally settled in and that's when this photo was taken.

I remember having several moments that day where I looked around and knew that we would never be together at this beautiful place again. I shook those thoughts off, thinking, "That's crazy. Of course we're going to come back here. It's beautiful." But the truth would come trickling back in. A truth I couldn't possibly comprehend in the moment, and can barely comprehend now.

So, to work through those scary intuitive feelings, I took a lot of photos to honor the moment, the day, the trip, our love. I'm glad I found a way to work through those scary feelings that day. I'm glad I am finding a way to get through this heartbreaking grief today.

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment