Monday, May 30, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 115

Seeing Through the Veils

This is Day 115 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I have been talking with a lot of people about the afterlife. It's fascinating to hear people's ideas about what it is, how it works and whether or not the dead can "communicate" with the living. More and more I am realizing that I am extremely skeptical about these theories, and yet hopeful that some of them could be true. I was also told by a friend that the dead actually enjoy being asked for things — like having an Afterlife To Do List.

I was startled by this concept and immediately felt badly, asking for the dead to do anything for me. How selfish! But my friend said that the way she understands it, they WANT things to do. They don't have bodies anymore, so it's fun to help make good things happen for their loved ones still embodied. So I started experimenting with that. Usually on my commute, I talk to my late husband. I tell him about my day, how I'm feeling, things I'm thinking about. But one day I tried asking him for something. I was really apologetic and nervous about asking and as far as I know, nothing came of my request.

So I decided to ask clearly and forcefully for what I wanted and then let go of the outcome. This is how I manifest things for myself on the spiritual, witchy level, so I was curious to see if that would work with my late husband. Not 24-hours later, I received the experience I was asking for. It happened that quickly. And my late husband's fingerprints are ALL OVER this outcome. So I am a cautious believer. And I promise to be careful for what I wish for!

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment