Tuesday, May 31, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 116

How Ya Like My Cut?

This is Day 116 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Today has been a very long day. It started with physical therapy for my torn rotator cuff, then a full day of work, then rush to do my live radio show. I'm so tired. But it's worth it. When I think about not doing my show, or stopping this Grief Project before it is complete, it makes me feel so sad. So I make it work. Tomorrow I'm up at 5:30am to do my workout/rehab before work, even though I'm always so wired from doing my live radio show that it's hard to get to sleep as early as I should to get a full night's rest. After work tomorrow, I rush off to therapy and at some point I need to wash all those dirty dishes and grocery shop. There's never enough time when you are a widow, and yet it seems like there is nothing but time filled with grief.

I move in a haze, hoping I never get dangerously tired. I try not to screw things up too badly. I miss my life partner. I miss someone cooking me dinner before I get home. I miss having someone clean up the dead gopher bodies my cats dragged in. I miss my best friend. I miss my husband.

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment