Monday, May 9, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 94

Add caption
This is Day 94 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Can you have a grief hangover? I feel like I have been run over by a truck. I want to go out and see friends after work, but it's all I can do to feed myself and crawl straight into bed. 

I feel like I have been running a 9 month long marathon and there is no finish line in sight.

I wander through this new life I have, somewhat startled at the tired husk of a person I am now. I used to be vibrant and full of life and now I feel like the discarded shell of an old crab, drying up on the shore. Grief has eaten my innards and left sand in its place. 

Will I ever feel really alive again?

___________________________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:

Living with Grief Resources:


And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.


1 comment: