Friday, July 8, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 154

Upside Down, You're Turning Me

This is Day 154 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

It feels like the world is spinning off its axis — turning upside down. Many people in my communities are claiming that a civil war is starting in our country. There is so much rage. There is so much pain. There is so much death. I am still so deep in my own personal grief, it is impossible for me to take in everything that is happening. This is an odd kind of privilege that I am trying to stay aware of. But when I see yet another mother crying for her murdered son, I can't take it. I cannot process this much grief. I am in my own valley of shadows and have been here for quite awhile. I must return to my own self, my own heart, my own grief.

__________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment