Saturday, July 9, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 155

Deflated (photo by Tracy Cunningham)
This is Day 155 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Summer is here. I used to love summer, because there are more opportunities to be in water, which is my absolute favorite place to be. But now summer is a reminder of the tragedy that has befallen my life. Facebook likes to remind me of past events, and it's starting to show me pictures of this time last year, which was the last month my husband was alive. There are pictures of us in Calistoga, celebrating my birthday. There are pictures of the new bikini that my husband excitedly picked out for me. I am so happy in all the photos, because it is summer and I am in water and I am with my love.

Now it is summer again. My birthday is looming. The one-year anniversary of his death is also looming. I tread carefully out into the bright sun, holding back the tears. Friends invite me to swim in their pools and I am so grateful that they are willing to have me in their space, even though I may burst into tears at any moment. 

Do you remember Moxie the Unicorn? Don't worry, she's okay. She just partied too hard and needed a rest. This is me putting her to bed after a fun day of frolicking in water. It's good to play. It's good to rest.

__________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment