Tuesday, July 19, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 165

Sightings

This is Day 165 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Inside becomes outside and outside tries to get inside. I am exposed. I am received. People see me in the ways that they can. We all wear layers and layers of perception and prejudice and pre-formed ideas about how the world works, how widows should be, how sorrow should be expressed.

I am a transforming human — we all are, whether we believe it or not, whether we try to grow and change or not. I cocoon and burst forth, only to retreat to the cocoon yet again. Inside becomes outside. Outside pushes inside. We grow. We change. We transform. Grief shapes me. The love of others, shapes me. The new ways I love myself, shape me.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment