Friday, July 22, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 168

Celebration!

This is Day 168 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Two weeks after my birthday is the one-year anniversary of my husband's sudden death. This is a delicate, emotional, strange time for me.

I was completely surprised by birthday gluten-free cupcakes from a couple of my co-workers today. I don't know if they realize how much it meant to me to be noticed and celebrated in this way. I have been "the new kid" at work for three months now, and this week is the first time I have felt like I actually "belong" — that I am part of this organization, and can hold my own, instead of having to ask everyone a million questions and ask for help with so many of my tasks.

After work, another co-worker took me out for margaritas and nachos and we ran into a friend of hers. This woman recognized a beauty and joy in me that I have not felt myself for a long time and when she said goodbye, she said "welcome to the family."

I don't know exactly what she meant by that, and yet I kind of do. I am returning to something. I am joining something. I am being welcomed into something.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment