Thursday, July 21, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 167

Thank You, Teacher (photo by San Francisco Teacher of the Year, Mark Rosenberg!)

This is Day 167 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

My friend Mark surprised me at work, yesterday. He brought the wild, quirky posse he rolls with and it was so magical to have them in my work world. These moments of pure surprise and sweetness are so precious to me. The book publishing company I work for recently gifted him with one of our books, Thank You, Teacher by Holly & Bruce Holbert, to celebrate his being voted one of San Francisco's Teacher of the Year. Mark makes magic wherever he goes, which is one of the many reasons he so deserves this award and this celebration. He helps me remember to embrace the magic of the world and to create moments of surprise pleasure whenever possible. I feel lucky to know him.

Living with grief and loss and sorrow on a daily basis, it's easy to forget that there is magic everywhere. I need help to see it and it's people like Mark who help me do that.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment