Thursday, July 28, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 174

The Strata of Grief

This is Day 174 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I am stunned by the strata of grief. The layers go down more deeply than the earth's core. I have moments where I think I have felt all the ways that grief can manifest, and then I experience a new layer.

Today, my grief took a sledgehammer to my memories of him. Everything I remember seems to be splintering before my eyes.  But the grief has also started to make a mosaic of those broken shards. I never wanted my memories smashed apart, but putting the pieces back together has a beauty that stuns me. How can I hurt so much and yet be totally dazzled by it at the same time? I want to pick up one of the shards and slit my wrist open and watch the life blood drain out of me. I want to be with him again. But I would miss so much of this life I have left to live. I would miss seeing this grief memory mosaic grow and build itself before my eyes. I know I must continue to keep my life blood inside my body, circulating through all the circuits. I must live in this beautiful mosaic of grief for as long as I can.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment