Monday, August 1, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 178

Beeeeeeeing Funny

This is Day 178 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

At least once a week, I try to improvise with my funny, smart friends (sometimes we even do it live on the air). I've also been playing around with Snapchat (find me at RevTristy) and have been oddly inspired by all the strange filters and goofy extras it has. This weekend, my friend Huskey and I decided to do a Snapchat version of the iconic Goodfellas "Clown Scene." This is the result (and be aware that there's tons of cursing, because it's Goodfellas!

I like experimenting with new mediums and mixing seemingly opposite things together. I like laughing. I love making other people laugh. I like distractions. Lots of people are enjoying our little video and I hope we can do more — perhaps even do a series — which sounds like a really fun, distracting project.

I also can't help but think how much my late husband would have LOVED this. He always supported my weird comedy projects and proudly shared the things I made with all his friends, like a proud parent. It meant so much to me, to have his exuberant support, and my god, how I loved making him laugh. Maybe he's watching over my shoulder and laughing. Maybe he's showing our video to all his Spirit Friends and Family. I hope so.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment