Saturday, October 29, 2016

Surviving Year Two: Week 12

Surprise Peonies

This is Week 12 of my Surviving Year Two Grief Project. Details about all my Grief Projects, as well as Grief Resources can be found here.

Yesterday a co-worker celebrated her 10-year anniversary of working for our company and received a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I told her the story of when my husband and I were first dating, and he asked me what my favorite flowers were. I told him "peonies" and every year during peony season, he would always bring home bouquets of them for me. She then very generously surprised me with a few peonies from her bouquet. We both felt like it was him, making a moment happen in the mundane world to remind me that he is always close, and always thinking of me and my happiness. It made me tear up and I'm so thankful that I work in a place that has such kind, thoughtful people who can connect with me on that spiritual level.

Thank you for witnessing me. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment