Saturday, October 22, 2016

Surviving Year Two: Week 11

Facing Down the Holidays

This is Week 11 of my Surviving Year Two Grief Project. Details about all my Grief Projects, as well as Grief Resources can be found here.

Halloween is coming, and that's always been the start of the holidays for me. My husband was an avid crafter and costume-maker and by now our house would be filled with fabric and hot glue guns and the sewing machine would be permanently out on the kitchen table. After Halloween, it's my husband's birthday, then Thanksgiving, then Hexmas.

Last year, the holidays passed in a painful blur. I know that I should be making plans to care for myself this holiday season, but whenever I try to think and plan, I immediately feel dead inside and can't move. I'm trying to channel my inner fierce goddess, and move through these difficult times with power — to gather up all the darkness inside my heart and use it for strength and clear vision. Is that even possible?

Thank you for witnessing me. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment