Sunday, January 29, 2017

Surviving Year Two: Week 24 & 25

Witches Grab Back

This is Week 24 & 25 of my Surviving Year Two Grief Project. Details about all my Grief Projects, as well as Grief Resources can be found here

The Racist, Rapist Garbage Monster has been the President of these so-called "United" States for exactly one week. A lot has happened, including one of the biggest protests in US history, with an estimated 2.9 million Americans participating. Our President has also enacted more damage than I thought was possible in the span of one week, let alone the very FIRST week of being our President. In response to the awful, fascist executive orders he has made, we're seeing rogue government Twitter feeds, huge protests at major airports, and our Representatives' voice mail boxes overflowing with calls and messages. It is a time of unrest. It is a time of great change. It is a time of awakening. It is a time of fear. It is a time of new hopes.

Meanwhile, I am still on my own personal grief journey. I have found it extremely difficult to write about straddling the "inner" grief of widowhood and the "outer" grief of suddenly having a fascist dictator as our President. And yet, my grief journey has taught me that now more than ever, we have to focus on the here and now and not "future-trip." Terrible things may be coming, but being afraid simply paralyzes us from doing what must be done TODAY.

As I have mentioned before, I am returning to my Witchy Ways to survive the Trumpocalypse. I am crafting ritual. I am honoring the Seasons and Moon Cycles. I am asking for the wisdom of my ancestors to fill my soul and guide me. I'm even talking to my late husband more, asking for his help and guidance as we move through this very scary time. I truly don't know what the future holds for any of us, but my spiritual connection to my energetic and ancestral helpers and the deep, powerful Feminine energy that we all have access to, is helping me navigate and I am so grateful.

Thank you for witnessing me. See you next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment