Saturday, February 2, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #2

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course.
Dancing in my Studio

Today's assignment is to document what nourishes us. I have many answers to this question, including gardening, reading, lifting weights, talking with friends, kissing my husband, painting, taking a bath... the list is long. But today I decided to document myself dancing. Part of the assignment was to document a nourishing experience that we might forget about, and need reminding of later. I often forget how much I LOVE to dance. When I am feeling down or dark, often all it takes to shake myself out of my funk is to put on some of my favorite music and literally shake off the bad feelings!

This also feels like a good picture for Imbolc (which is today). Also known as "Candlemass" or the "Feast for St. Brigid," it marks the Northern Hemisphere's moment halfway between Winter & Spring. The Sun is out. The freezing weather seems to have stopped killing my plants and I'm ready to dance!

How do you nourish yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment