Sunday, February 3, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #3

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course.

"Playfulness is the antidote to fear."

I think most people in my life would say that I am extremely playful. I'm a bit of a silly, ham-bone clown who loves attention and performing and giggling. But when Vivienne asked us to document our playfulness, I froze up a little bit. How do I document something that a) comes so naturally to me and b) usually needs other people? Most of my friends were busy working or watching the Super Bowl today, so I had to make fun on my own.


I knew that if I was going to get to playful on my own, I had to connect with the little girl part of me. The one I call "Little T." I started by dragging out all my stuffed animals and puppets. Then I surrounded myself with them and just started to play. I made lots of crazy faces and laughed myself silly at the ridiculous pictures I took.

PUPPET PARTY!
In my trunk full of puppets, I have other costumes and I found my Super-Hero cape and then the real fun began.

Today's Self-Portrait helped me remember how important it is to PLAY and have fun. It also weaves very nicely into the book I'm reading right now, The Pleasure Prescription: To Love, to Work, to Play - Life in the Balance by Paul Ka’ikena Pearsall, PhD. In this wonderful book, he talks about how Americans are suffering from "DDDS," or Daily Delight Deficiency Syndrome. His prescription is more play so today's portrait is PERFECT!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tristy! I'm also taking part in Be Your Own Beloved, and I love all your stuffies and puppets! I have a ton of them, too, most of them have been my companions for YEARS! I enjoyed seeing yours! :)

    ReplyDelete