Saturday, February 9, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #9

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course.

Being Open to Love

Today, we were encouraged to be open to love, however it appeared to us throughout the day. I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so I'm being very quiet and restful at home. When we truly open ourselves to being loved, it can be the most powerful and vulnerable experience on earth and when I think about that feeling in my body, I feel it deeply in my chest/heart area, so I knew that I wanted my portrait to reflect that part of my body.

As I was wandering around, getting tea and settling in for a quiet, restful day at home, my eyes fell on some wooden heart cut-outs I have. I love these little hearts, because they are essentially the "garbage" of a friend's laser cut-out project - unwanted hearts! Fortunately, he knows of my love for little objects, so he brought a whole bag of them over to my house and they now are scattered about on various altars and table tops throughout my house to always remind me of the amazing love I have in my life, both for myself and others.

And even though it is SO frustrating to stay inside and quiet on such a gorgeous day like today, my body is being very clear with me that sickness is on the horizon if I don't rest, so today is also about a deep, caring love for my body - trusting that rest today will bring fun outside and joyful gatherings with friends in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment