Monday, February 15, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 10

In the Weeds



This is Day 10 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I survived Valentine's Day. I laid down in the weeds that I have not pulled out yet and let them tuck me in. I need rest. I need healing. I need quiet. If I can't have my husband back, can I at least have some peace in my raging, anxious brain?


I feel like Widows in their first year should get to do go somewhere - like a Land of Widows, where they don't have to work, or take care of other people. They can just do heroin and fuck each other and cry and eat chocolate and swim in the ocean - or whatever it is they need to forget. Whatever it is they need to heal. Whatever it is they need to feel like they are alive again.

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment