Wednesday, June 29, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 145

Hermes Trismegistus

This is Day 145 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

I've been teaching myself how to Snapchat for some reason, and I like all the halos and bippity bobs it can superimpose on my images. My friend pointed out that I am channeling my namesake in this picture, Hermes Trismegistus. The Greek god Hermes, some say, harkens back to the Egyptian god, Thoth and when my husband heard my full name for the first time, he got very excited because he was deeply connected through research and reading about Thoth. It's yet another way he and I connected with each other, when we first met.

My name has always been a good litmus test for interesting people. Those that know its origins are always fascinating, eclectic, and open-minded people.

Something a lot of people have been saying to me lately is that the love I shared with my husband is a "once in a lifetime" experience and that I am lucky to have had it once, as most people never have it. I know this is meant to make me feel good, but it doesn't. It breaks my heart all over again and makes me feel extremely sad about the future. I still have that love inside me, even though my beloved husband is dead. Does this mean I cannot have "another great love" in my life? Is it selfish of me to want that?

__________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment