Friday, August 5, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 182

Out at Sea
This is Day 182 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

It is the eve of the first anniversary of my husband's death. I feel out at sea. But all day I have been getting calls and messages of love and support. In this morning's meditation at work, my colleagues chanted his name. Yesterday, I received a beautiful surprise bouquet. Tonight, I have a good friend making me dinner and tucking me in. Tomorrow, friends start showing up at my home to celebrate his life and death with a memorial bonfire. I feel held. I feel loved. I feel cared for. I am grateful. I am humbled. I am hopeful that healing will continue to come and wash me out to sea and back to shore again. I ride the tides.

Today's image is actually a screenshot from a short video I made on my lunch break, down by the Bel Marin Keys. You can see it on my Instagram feed.

_________________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:

And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my InstagramTwitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment