Saturday, March 26, 2016

6 Months of Grief Project: Day 50

Rest in Power, Sunny Balzano

This is Day 50 of my #6MonthsOfGrief Project. To learn more about this practice, feel free to visit Day One, where I explain this project in more detail.

Last night I got to hang out in the Forbidden Island, where they have a sea of decorated dollar bills and tiny umbrellas covering the ceiling. When the bartender gave me a tub of pens to decorate my dollar bill, I started giving George Washington a pink wig and for some reason, this made him look a lot like Sunny Balzano, the sweet, creative wizard who passed away recently.

His bar in Red Hook is a very special place, and perhaps a rustier, more lopsided, outlaw cousin to the Forbidden Island. It felt so right to honor Sunny in this tiki wonderland and stick my weird dollar bill to the ceiling. Impromptu creative ritual moments like these make me so happy - when spirit seems to just show up and guide me. I am grateful for these kind of adventures and I want to always stay open to the strange and beautiful ways that spirit moves through my life and my grief. It is all intertwined and it is all important.

_____________________

I am very aware that this project can bring up a lot around yours or other's grief and loss, I will always follow every post with some online grief support resources that have helped me. Please feel free to let me know of online support that you have found healing in your grief, as well:


Living with Grief Resources:


And remember, I am sharing this project on a variety of platforms, including my Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook feeds, as well as my Pinterest page on Grief. I use the hashtag #6MonthsOfGrief, so it can easily be found on any platform. Please share this project with anyone you think might need it.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment