Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Be Your Own Beloved #25

Every day, I am taking a self-portrait in conjunction with Vivienne McMaster's Be Your Own Beloved e-course. Sometimes it takes me longer - like a month - but I'm dedicated to finishing this project!

Being My Own Friend

Today's assignment is to take a photo inspired by being my own friend. Vivenne also asked us to look at our photo and tell ourselves something we see in that photo that is positive, so this assignment has a really wonderful self-love vibe. This photo was actually taken during one of my many self-care walks. I also had been playing around with blur and focus (thanks to another assignment from Vivienne) and this is one of the photos from that experiment.

I've been wearing this tarnished, tattered heart since Mother's Day, which is a very difficult day for me to get through due to a variety of reasons. I didn't really realize why I needed to wear this heart, until I looked at this photo and realized it was a symbol of self-soothing during a really painful time. This funny little heart feels like such a perfect object to represent my fierce heart that has been through so much. It's kind of twisted and a little warped and the gold is wearing off and yet I just ADORE how it looks and it feels so good to wear.

Nature Goddess Hippie Child Cartoon Girl

I also love that my hyacinth hair comes through so beautifully in this photo, as well as all my moles and freckles. I take a lot of candid photos, where I am not looking at the camera, so I get a lot of these "looking off into the distance" photos, which I also really adore. There is a peacefulness and a calm in this images that translates directly to my soul and I just love it.

I've included the second photo because I feel kind of embarrassed about it and that's a good photo to include in a post about self-love! This is another blended photo which includes me doing a very nature goddess-like pose. The picture of my face was run through Toonpaint, to get that cool, comic illustration look. This witchy goddess is a very big part of me and I don't like being embarrassed of her. I want to invite her out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment